It was in 1930 that François Louvet formed the Glacière Cancalaise and then in 1944 went on to found his oyster business in Cancale, which he then continued to develop together with his wife. Following a growth in the family, his daughter Marie-Anne and her husband Joseph Pichot took over the business in 1968.
Two years later the brand “The Parcs Saint Kerber” was born and the first exports began.
In 1982, the “Viviers d’Amor” was set-up to sell shellfish.
1989 saw the creation of la ferme marine ( The marine farm ). In 2003, François-Joseph Pichot took over the business with his brother-in-law Stéphan Alleaume.
From here on the produce from “Parcs Saint Kerber” has been enjoyed at some of the best tables in the world.